I am currently reading the book "The truth about forever" by Sarah Dessen. The book is mostly about things that happen to Macy; who is the main character. Macy's father died about a year ago, and she was there when he passed away. Macy's boyfriend broke up with her over e-mail, while he was away at Brain camp. Jason told her that they needed a break in their relationship. She started this new catering job that she loved, and she is making new friends and seeing life in a different way.
Macy is the kind of girl who doesn't really hang out with friends, and she doesn't go out a lot. She usually stays home and studies for the SAT test. But once she started her new catering job, she felt more alive and was seeing life differently through her eyes all of a sudden. For example Kristy one of the workers in her job said "finally, your getting out and enjoying life for once." That was on page 115. Usually when Macy goes home her house is quiet. Her mom always seem to be working and her older sister move out of the house. Macy is tired of being alone, she needs to go out and make some friends!
I think Macy and I have some connections. I used to be just like her! From school I used to go to the train and home. Once I got home nobody is in my house because, everyone is at work. But now since 8th grade started I made new friends and hang out with them. Me and Macy have some common things.
Even though I just started this book I can tell, that it's going to be a wonderful book and I can't wait to finish it!
No comments:
Post a Comment